What are seamless floors?
A seamless floor, just like it sounds, is one without seams, joints or ridges. It’s perfectly smooth, eliminating the need for any joins. Seamless floors are chosen for their high durability and charming finish, and create a modern look in your building.
What are seamless floors used for?
Seamless floors are great for use in industrial and commercial buildings, and healthcare settings, as they work well to support the environmental conditions of such workplaces. A seamless floor can help prevent downtime to your business, as it doesn’t often need repairing or maintenance. In fact, seamless floors are available for every type of environment. They are often used in warehouses, retail outlets, commercial offices, gyms, manufacturing facilities, laboratories and hospitals. They offer a modern and attractive interior solution for situations that demand high functionality. They can also easily be used in residential situations.
What are seamless floors made from?
Seamless floors can be constructed from a wide range of flooring products, including:
· Polished concrete
· Methyl methacrylate formulations
The most commonly used types are epoxy and polyurethane coatings, or polished concrete.
The advantages of seamless floors
One of the unique benefits of seamless floors is that there are no joints throughout the entirety of the floor. Seamless floors also offer many other benefits that make them a great choice in a wide range of applications. These include:
· Being highly durable, stain-resistant and easy to clean and care for
· The seamless finish is more hygienic, and provides less opportunity for dirt and bacteria to accumulate
· Seamless floors give a sleek, modern and contemporary finish to a room
· Cleaning of a seamless floor requires minimal time and effort, as there are no joints or ridges to trap dirt
· They are hard-wearing, resilient and durable, being highly resistant to abrasion, tears and most acids and chemicals
· Seamless floors protect your underlying floor from corrosive elements
· They offer improved safety with a non-slip finish, and help avoid hazards
· They can withstand repeated wash-downs and cleans without a hassle
· Seamless floors offer a variety of colours and colour combinations, a smooth finish and beautiful detailing
· A seamless floor with a customised design, finish or texture can help distinguish your business from others
· Some seamless floors (such as customised epoxy) have noise reduction properties
· They are scratch resistant and very reliable
· They can withstand a lot of human and machinery traffic
· Different flooring types offer different levels of reflectivity, such as gloss, semi-gloss or matte finishes
· Epoxy flooring can inhibit static electricity on a person or a machine
· The longevity of seamless floors makes them great value for money
· They are non-porous
· Seamless floors are easily repairable
· They make rooms appear bigger by visually enlarging the space
· They can be laid over an existing floor (such as wooden, marble, concrete, stone or tiled surfaces), thus reducing cost and installation time
What is the process of laying a seamless floor?
Seamless floors are usually poured or mixed in place at the building where they will be laid. They then become part of the structure of the building. If they are being laid over an existing floor, the old floor with be repaired, cleaned and polished first. A protective resin may be applied once the floor has dried.
How long does it take to lay a seamless floor?
The length of time required to install a seamless floor will vary greatly depending on the size of the room, and the number of rooms to be fitted. Please contact us for an obligation-free inspection and quote.
Is laying a seamless floor a DIY job?
It’s far better to use the services of a professional when installing a seamless floor. They can make sure the flooring is expertly installed, and that it serves the unique needs of your business. It’s a big job, and requires specialised tools and expertise.
If you are considering re-surfacing your floors to improve their usability or appeal, get in touch to access our quality service and discuss your options.